Monday, July 29, 2013

Hola from Vanessa!


                                                  (Above: My little Brother and me after she crossed)

Hello Brothers of the Southwest District!!! This is my first post to this blog, actually a blog in general, so I'm new to this but I am super excited to document my experiences,travels, and much more during my time on council this year.

First off let me tell a little about myself. I am a Senior Music Education and Clarinet Performance major and I attend Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford, Oklahoma, otherwise known as windmill country. I crossed into this great fraternity in Spring 2011 and since have been extremely active within my chapter as well as within the Southwest District. I served as SWD Co-Member-at-Large during the 2012-2013 year and I now once again have the opportunity to serve my District for the 2013-2014 year. Aside from serving bands, I also enjoy hanging out with my friends, reading, writing, and playing with my cat, Mackey. (Yes, I named him after John Mackey, ha)

To strive, has several meanings for me personally and being a member of this fraternity has shaped the meaning for myself throughout these past few years. Now as I come to know it and going through certain experiences, I believe to strive means to first, better one's self and to achieve their greatest possible potential. Working and being apart of this fraternity allows for us to to reach this potential. Each one of us can do great things if we "Strive for the Highest" in all that we do.

The upcoming year is one going to be awesome and I can't wait to get the ball rolling. Also, I hope to see you all at CLC this Saturday!!

AEA Vanessa Delgado

No comments:

Post a Comment