Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hey Southwest!

It is crazy to think the semester is halfway finished. This has been the busiest, yet most rewarding semesters I have had to endure. I am beginning the transition into my adult life and I am seeing things from a whole new standpoint. I am currently student teaching at Early ISD in Early, TX (GO LONGHORNS) and I absolutely love it. Having the chance to help influence the future of music is an amazing experience, even if it means I have to teach 6th graders.

The EHS Band with their UIL Sweepstakes Trophy!
Along with student teaching, Kappa Kappa Psi life has been exciting as well! On Wednesday, March 5th, the Zeta Beta chapter inducted nine new active and one honorary member into our chapter. We are so excited to have them with us and look forward to see where they take the chapter. Along with MEP, we just finished participating in a campus wide event called Spring Sing. Many universities do a variation of this event. If you choose to participate, you perform a twelve minute one act play. You write your own script, do your own choreography and have to sing for a certain time period. It is stressful to prepare, however well worth it in the end. Zeta Beta ended up placing third on our campus and received a $300 check! 

Zeta Beta posing after placing 3rd at Spring Sing 2014.
I cannot wait for SWD Convention in April and I hope to see you all there. Bring as many as you can. It is going to be a good on! Strive on, brothers.

AEA
Allen Andrus
SWD Vice President

No comments:

Post a Comment