Saturday, July 20, 2013

Insights on Allen


(Above: Me pictured at the France vs. Japan Olympic Soccer game)


Greetings, brethren! I hope you will find this blog to be a useful tool for you. As we journey through the year as the SWD Council, we will be sharing the adventure with you. For the first posts, we are introducing ourselves and shedding light on why we call the blog "Five Who Strive."

My name is Allen Andrus and I am your SWD Vice President. I am currently a student at Howard Payne University and plan to graduate in May with a Music Education degree. Alto saxophone is my primary instrument, while I also have experience in flute, voice, and piano. I come from Anson, Texas, a small farm town near Abilene. I have lived in the same house my entire life and have never had to go through the process of moving. 

The word "strive", in the fraternal sense, depicts a never-ending journey. To me, striving for something means you have your heart set upon something and your give everything you have to reach it. Whether it is painful or joyous, striving doesn't cease. Taking from our motto, we have to "Strive for the highest". However, we cannot define where the highest is. Once we reach a goal, we have then set ourselves to another level higher. Which, in turn, makes our perception of "the highest" grow.

As a man of God, my views on what is highest has been given to me. However, the struggle to reach the highest is a constant battle within. 

We want to help you in any way we can. Contact any one of us for assistance whenever you need! I hope to see you in Springfield, Massachusetts at National Convention.


AEA,
Allen Andrus

SWD Vice President
swdvp@kkpsi.org
@swdvp

No comments:

Post a Comment