Sunday, July 21, 2013

DLC Day 1 - 7/21/13

       (National Convention Name tag) 

So with this years' National Convention  in Springfield, Massachusetts, our District Leadership Conference (DLC) was also held here at the Sheraton. First off, I arrived on Saturday to a beautiful location. Everything is really close by and on reach of the hotel. I couldn't have asked for a better location so far. I got to meet some of the other District Presidents and it was off to a great start. I had dinner that night with Toni (SWD Governor), Heather (SWD ΤΒΣ President), Patrick (MWD President) and Jered (active brother from Δ). We ate at this great pizza place about 7 blocks from the hotel called Red Rose Restaurant and Pizzeria. If you ever come to Springfield, which I hope to see a lot of you soon, go to this place. You will be thoroughly pleased.  
(The remains of the pizza from Saturday)

DLC actually started on Sunday around 2 and from the start I began to grow as an active, an officer and a person. Christine Beason and Nicole Sanchez have done a wonderful job in planning this event and keeping it as unexpected as possible. I've learned about myself and my personal goals and how I can bring it all together to better the district. Working with all the present National Council, including IPP Derrick Mills and Dr. Malinda Matney have been great experiences that I will remember for a lifetime and it's only the first day! 

I'm excited for all the things Toni, John and I have been working on this weekend for the district and can't wait to work with Heather on our joint projects. My goal this year is to be as transparent as possible and I believe DLC will help with that. I have truly began a new journey here and have already made lifelong friendships with people all over the country because of our bond...music. 

I can't wait for convention to began and the shenanigans to occur!! Hope to see you all soon in Springfield so we can "Join the Revolution"! 


Always Striving and MLITB,  

Helen 

Swdpres@kkpsi.org
@KKPsiSWDPres

No comments:

Post a Comment